Bamboo toothbrush made from bamboo plants makes this product antimicrobial. It functions just like normal manual toothbrushes but different is in the material. Although these are one of the oldest kinds of toothbrushes, the product has become famous recently due to its eco-friendly and biodegradable properties.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for Electric Toothbrushes, Toothbrushes, Toothbrush Holders, Toothpaste, mouth wash, Tongue Cleaner, Ear Cleaner, Soap Dispensers, Toothpaste dispensers, Scrub Pads, hairbrushes, Makeup brushes, Hair Wigs, Hairdryers, Hair Serums, Hair Straighteners, Hair Brushes, Hair creams, Hair packs, Hair spa creams, Hair Shampoos, Hair combs, and Hair Oils.
Most bamboo toothbrushes feature soft nylon bristles, which assist in providing a decent cleansing of teeth by removing plaque and bacteria. Not only do they help with removing bacteria, but they also absorb sturdy stains like red wine, coffee, and tea.
Top 11 Best Bamboo Toothbrushes in India
Buyers Guide – Bamboo Toothbrush
With the rising popularity of bamboo toothbrushes due to their eco-friendly characteristics, many companies have started manufacturing this product.
Just consider the following factors before purchasing a bamboo toothbrush:
- The most common type of bristles that are used in all types of toothbrushes & made with nylon.
- Nylon bristles are softer and more durable materials but these are not biodegradable.
- Although this means that the bamboo toothbrush with nylon bristles is not 100% biodegradable
- But it still is better for the environment compared to the toothbrushes made out of plastic.
- However, there are bristles available in the market that is 100% compostable plant-based & made with bamboo fiber or corn fiber.
- The size of the head and handle vary from product to product.
- Therefore, it is important to make sure the hand of the toothbrush should not too small or too large.
- The same goes for the head size, it should not be too small or too big for the mouth.
Care of Toothbrush
- Although bamboo toothbrushes are strong and durable, they need a little more care compared to other toothbrushes.
- The product should always be stored in a dry place as it can get damaged when placed in a wet and warm place for a long.
Disposal of the Toothbrush
- The main reason for the bamboo toothbrushes becoming famous is their eco-friendly property
- Users need to take proper steps for disposing of the product.
- When the product is no longer in use, it should be recycled and composted.
- If the bristles are made of nylon, they should be detached from the handle before disposal.
Features of a Bamboo Toothbrush
Most people are switching from manual and electric toothbrushes to using bamboo toothbrushes. The product has become an alternative to plastic toothbrushes mainly because of its properties. These are, biodegradable, antimicrobial, and eco-friendly.
Just consider the below features while choosing a bamboo toothbrush:
- A plastic toothbrush would normally take 400 years to decompose, whereas a 100% bamboo toothbrush would take up to 4 years depending on the compost bin.
- The antimicrobial property kills the bacteria preventing them from penetrating the surface of the product.
- This makes the life span of a bamboo toothbrush longer than that of a plastic toothbrush.
- Bamboo toothbrushes come in a wide range.
- Similar to manual toothbrushes, they differ in head size and the material of the bristles.
Types of Bamboo Toothbrushes
The types of bamboo toothbrushes available in the market today are distinguished based on the bristle material.
- The most common types of bristles are also used in normal toothbrushes.
- Nylon bristles are cheap and durable.
- The two different types of nylon used in bamboo toothbrushes like Nylon 4 and Nylon 6.
- Each has different properties and impacts on the environment.
- These bristles are made of castor oil derivatives.
- They are 100% biodegradable and vegan-friendly.
- However, they are not durable and last for only 2 weeks.
- The charcoal-infused bristles are available in nylon, corn fiber, or bamboo fiber.
- Active charcoal supports absorbing, binding & removing the bacteria from the mouth.
- They also help with removing stains like red wine, coffee, and tea.
- The boar bristles are made of boar hair.
- They are biodegradable but not vegan friendly.
- Due to ethical concerns (animal cruelty), they are not a preferred product in the market.
How Does a Bamboo Toothbrush Work?
Bamboo toothbrushes function just like normal manual toothbrushes do. These toothbrushes work for a long time but are considered important today. Bamboo toothbrushes are made with a specific plant – Moso bamboo. These are harvested and cropped into specific sizes.
- With the growing awareness and rising concerns about environmental issues
- So this product caught people’s attention.
- They keep in chambers under high pressure and high temperature to decompose the fat, starch, and sugar, basically carbonized.
- With this process, they become denser, harder, and water-resistant.
- The handles of these toothbrushes are made with bamboo plants which makes this product antimicrobial and the bristles are made with different materials.
- Also, the most common type of bristles are made of nylon 4 and 6, followed by charcoal-infused nylon bristles
- The castor bean oil is 100% biodegradable.
List of Top 11 Best Bamboo Toothbrushes in India Buyers Guide
Bamboo toothbrushes are available in the market today with a wide range of bristle options such as nylon bristles, charcoal-infused nylon bristles, and castor bean oil.
A majority of bamboo toothbrushes with nylon bristles infused with charcoal. Active charcoal assists in absorbing and binding the bacteria removed from the mouth.
1. Minimo Rusabl Bamboo Toothbrush Pack of 2 Adult & 2 Kids Brushes with Charcoal Activated Soft Bristles:
This is an eco-friendly compostable product & comes with charcoal-infused bristles. Its handle is waterproof. The product is available in a set of 4 pieces – 2 for adults and 2 for kids.
- Rusabl Bamboo Toothbrush handles made with organically-grown bamboo
- The bristles are infused with charcoal.
- Its handle has a smooth design for a comfortable grip.
- The package comes with 4 items(2 adults, and 2 kids).
- Discolours after sometime
2. LADY THIKHAI pack of 6 Bamboo Toothbrush with Eco-friendly Base & Soft Charcoal Infused Bristles:
This is an eco-friendly product from the Lady Thikhai brand. And the handle of this brush is water-resistant. It has a smooth design making it comfortable to use.
- Lady Thikhai Bamboo Toothbrush base made with organic bamboo plants
- And the bristles are made with charcoal-infused nylon material.
- Also, it comes with a biodegradable & water-resistant handle
3. The Legend Pack of 3 Bamboo Wooden Toothbrush with Activated Charcoal Infused Bristles:
This brush comes with 0.15mm charcoal-infused bristles. And these bristles make them capable of reaching deep between the teeth and giving a thorough cleansing. It comes with 3 pieces of bamboo toothbrushes and a cotton bag.
- Legend Bamboo Toothbrush bristles are made with charcoal-infused material.
- And a smooth bamboo handle is 100% biodegradable.
- It comes with a pack of 3 items.
4. ECO365 Bamboo Toothbrush with Charcoal Infused Bristles:
This comes with nylon bristles & infused with charcoal. The charcoal agent on the bristles of this toothbrush helps with whitening and brightening the teeth.
- ECO365 Bamboo Toothbrush made with hand-made biodegradable bamboo
- Charcoal-infused bristles are included in this brush.
- It comes with a pack of 2 items.
- Not durable
5. Terrabrush Bamboo Toothbrush with Slim Soft Bristles Pack of 4:
Theis an eco-friendly durable product. The handle of this toothbrush is made from the Moso bamboo plant. The product is splinter-free, durable, cruelty-free, and 100% vegan friendly. The product comes in a set of 4 pieces packed in an eco-friendly kit.
- Terrabrush Bamboo Toothbrush made with Moso Bamboo plant
- The soft bristles are made with nylon material.
- This is a durable and waterproof product
- The package comes with 4 pieces.
- Bristles come off after sometime
6. State Pride-T Eco-Friendly & Biodegradable Natural Yellow Bamboo Toothbrush with Cotton Pouch:
This is a simple product of State pride-T & comes with an elegant design. The bristles of this toothbrush are made of nylon 4 & the handle is made of the bamboo plant. The product comes in a compostable card box and an elegant pouch made of cotton.
- State pride-T Bamboo Toothbrush handle made with 100% biodegradable material.
- And its bristles are infused with charcoal material.
- It comes with an elegant pouch.
- Expensive one
7. GoliSoda Bamboo Toothbrush Biodegradable For Adults:
This is a highly efficient biodegradable product. The product’s handle is 100% organic. This is BPA-free and vegan friendly. All components of this product are biodegradable.
- Goli Soda Bamboo Toothbrush made with Chinese Moso bamboo
- The bristles made with castor bean oil & plant-based
- Also, this is a BPA free product
- Nondurable bristles
8. Swastha Hygiene Flat Wheat Straw Handle Bamboo Toothbrush 100% Biodegradable FHWSB-DTB:
This organic product. The bristles are infused with charcoal and the handle is made with wheat. Also, the product is vegan and eco-friendly.
- Swastha Bamboo Toothbrush handles are made with 100% biodegradable wheat straw.
- And the bristles made with nylon 4 material
- This is a vegan-friendly product.
9. EcoBuddy Bamboo Toothbrush with Bamboo Fibre Soft Bristles:
This is an eco-friendly product from the EcoBuddy brand. The handle of this product is made of bamboo plants and the bristles are made of bamboo fiber. This is a vegan-friendly product.
- EcoBuddy Bamboo Toothbrush bristles & handle made with 100% biodegradable components
- It is a completely nylon-free & BPA-free product.
- Discolours quickly
10. Amazon Brand Solimo Bamboo Toothbrush Pack of 4:
This is an efficient and effective brush for removing plaque without causing discomfort. The handle is waterproof, splinter-free, and smooth, providing a comfortable grip.
- Solimo Bamboo Toothbrush handle made with 100% biodegradable
- And the soft bristles made with plastic material
- This is a BPA free product
- It comes with a pack of 4 items.
- Not a durable product
11. ULTNICE Biodegradable & Environmentally Bamboo Toothbrush Pack of 8:
This is the perfect choice for a big family. The handle has an ergonomic design making it easier and more comfortable to use. It comes in a pack of 8 bamboo toothbrushes package.
- ULTINICE Bamboo Toothbrushes made with 100% biodegradable handles
- And the soft bristles are BPA-free.
- The product is effective & efficient in removing plaque and bacteria.
At the present moment, you have successfully reviewed the list of the top 10 best bamboo toothbrushes. So, it should be easy for you to determine which bamboo toothbrush is best for you.
All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the best bamboo toothbrush for you along with valuable benefits.
How long do bamboo toothbrushes last?
Bamboo toothbrushes easily last up to 3 months if you take proper care.
Are bamboo toothbrushes good?
The toothbrush efficient as a normal toothbrush, and they have the additional benefit of being eco-friendly.
Can you recycle a bamboo toothbrush?
Bamboo toothbrushes are recycled, however, since it is a plant that grows fast with compostable properties, there is no point in recycling it.
How are bamboo toothbrushes made?
Bamboo toothbrushes are made with a specific plant that is Moso bamboo. These are kept in chambers under high pressure and high temperature to decompose the fat, starch, and sugar, basically carbonized. With this process, they become denser, harder, and water-resistant.
Why are bamboo toothbrushes bad?
Keep in mind that you need to know the product’s components because some manufacturers make false claims about their product bristles.
Do dentists recommend bamboo toothbrushes?
With the rising concerns of environmental issues, dentists do recommend bamboo toothbrushes over plastic ones.
How do I choose a bamboo toothbrush?
If you are looking for a 100% biodegradable bamboo toothbrush, the best option would be to choose a bamboo toothbrush with biodegradable bristles.
Additionally, you need to consider the sensitivity levels of your gums & a soft bristle is ideal for those with sensitive gums.
Can bamboo toothbrushes get moldy?
Yes if you keep the toothbrush in a wet or warm environment then the surface of the toothbrush (handle) can get moldy.
How do you remove bristles from a bamboo toothbrush?
The best way to remove the bristles is to pull them out with a pair of pliers.
What are the bristles on a bamboo toothbrush made of?
The bristles are made with different materials such as nylon 4, nylon 6, castor bean oil, and boar hair. (Although pig/boar hair and horsehair bristles are available, it’s not ethical to purchase such products.)
Are charcoal bristles bad for your teeth?
Charcoal bristles are made with nylon and are only infused with charcoal in a small amount. The charcoal agent helps to remove bacteria effectively compared to normal bristles.
Is bamboo compostable or biodegradable?
Bamboo is both compostable and biodegradable. However, due to its properties, it may take more time for it to decompose depending on the compost bin.
Is a bamboo toothbrush better than plastic?
Both, bamboo and plastic toothbrushes give the same results in terms of oral care. The only edge bamboo toothbrushes have over plastic ones is the positive impact it has on the environment.
Is bamboo eco-friendly?
Bamboo is a natural & fast-growing plant. It is antimicrobial, fully biodegradable, and does not require chemicals and fertilizers for harvesting.