Before discussing the details about pruning saw, it is important to know what a pruning saw is. As its name indicates, it is a saw used to prune or implants. If you are a gardener, you might know the importance of pruning plants. It increases the health and appearance of plants. It can be difficult to prune your plants if you don’t have a proper tool for this.
Pruning saw is specially designed for shaping your plants and trees. In this article, you will get all the information about its uses, types, and best pruning saws available on Amazon.
Also, Check the buyers guide for Best chain saw machines, Best oscillating saw machines, Best circular saw machines, Best chop saw machines, Best jigsaw machines, Best miter saws, Best band saws, Best scroll saw, Best coping saw, Best reciprocating saws, Best table saw Machines, Best hacksaws & Best Pole saws.
Best 10 Pruning Saw to Buy Online in India
Features to keep in mind while choosing a pruning saw
A pruning saw is an absolute essential for all gardeners. Here are different features you should keep in mind before buying one.
First of all, are the blades of the pruning saw. Some saws have curved and some have straight blades. The length of these blades can vary in different saws. Also, the blade is made of different materials. The blades have teeth that help to cut the plant. The number and size of teeth on the blades are different. The efficacy of blades is dependent on the number of teeth per inch of the blade (TPI) and the size of the teeth.
Then there is the handle that provides a grip on the saw. The handles are made of different materials including rubber, wood, and plastic.
Types of pruning saws
Pruning saws are of the following types:
The pole pruning saws
These are long saws that can easily reach upper branches of trees. They have long handles at the end of which the saw is attached. A good thing about these saws is that their heads can rotate, which makes it easy to cut branches at different angles.
Handheld pruning saws
These are small pruning saws that are used for small plants and shrubs.
Straight blade pruning saw
As the name suggests, they have straight blades. It makes it easy to cut thin branches of plants by moving it in a forward and backward motion.
Curved blade pruning saw
They have curved blades and this curve is suitable to cut thick branches of trees.
Best 10 Pruning Saw Online In India-Buyer Guide
If you are going to buy pruning saw, choose the one that best suits you from the four types of saws mentioned above. These are the few things you need to keep in mind before buying them.
- Check the length and capacity of the blade. Prune saws have different length blades – ranging from 5 inches to 20 inches. Long blades are good because they have more cutting capacity, therefore. take less time to cut the plant. For the long length blades, you have to apply long strokes. Small blade pruning saws are easy to handle so if you are a beginner, it will suit you.
- Check the handle of the prune saw because it will affect the cutting process. If the handle is not of good quality, or a suitable size, or is hurting you, it will hinder the pruning process. There are many types of handles made of either plastic, rubber, or wood. Choose the one which is comfortable, shock-absorbing, and non-slip.
- Check the weight of pruning saw. Heavy saws will be difficult to handle.
- Also, check the material used in the pruning saw. It should be good and durable. Check reviews before buying it.
- Teeth of the blades are also very important. Two things are considered important in the teeth. One is, how many teeth are present per inch of the blade, and second is, what is the size of the tooth. Based on this, four different types of blades are available: extra-large, large, medium, and fine teeth. Large and extra-large teeth are sharp and more aggressive as compared to the others. So, choose them accordingly and handle them carefully.
How does a Pruning Saw work?
Many people might think that using a pruning saw is very easy, but this is far from the truth, especially if you are cutting hard branches. The blade of a pruning saw is thin and sharp so it needs extra care and professionalism. For using a pruning saw you have to follow these simple steps.
- Always wear a thick glove while you are pruning your plants. And if you are using pole pruner then it is very important to cover your head with a hard head to prevent any injury.
- Set your position and go close to the branch you want to cut.
- Check the place where you have to cut the branch. Always cut from the collar of the branch which is slightly bumpy because it can regrow easily from that point. Don’t cut it from the trunk side because it can allow insects to attack the plant.
- Place the saw where you have to cut and hold the branch with the other hand. Pull it towards you and then cut with long strokes. As blades are thin, don’t put extra force because it can break the blade.
- Keep applying strokes carefully without making cuts at different points on the branch. Stabilize your saw on the branch. Once it is more than halfway cut you can apply force with hand to break it.
- The branch will cut easily in this way.
Top 10 Pruning Saws Online
1. Corona RazorTOOTH Folding Pruning SawRS 7265D
This curved blade pruning saw has a 10-inch blade that is suitable for cutting medium and small branches that are of 5 to 6 inches in diameter. It has 6 teeth per inch of the blade which makes the cutting process fast.
- The blade is chrome-plated which prevents it from corrosion
- It has 3-sided razor teeth which make cutting easy
- The handle is designed in such a way that it is comfortable to hold
- The price is very less for this quality
- The pivot point is weak
2. FLORA GUARD Folding Hand Saw
This 7-inch folding pruning saw is best for cutting branches of trees. It has a triple cut razor which is made of hard stainless steel making it easier to cut with. Ergonomic handle makes the grip easy.
- suitable for cutting dried and hardwood
- It is foldable so it can be carried easily
- · Blades are thin so not suitable for thick branches
3. Heavy Duty Pruning Saw by Tarvol
This is a heavy-duty pruning saw that is best for trimming thin and thick branches of trees. It has a 14-inch curved blade. The handle of the saw is the Japanese style. Overall, the saw is very good for gardeners.
- It cuts wood very smoothly and easily
- Suitable for cutting thick branches
- It cannot be folded
- The grip on the handle is not so good
4. Lnchett Folding Saw
It is a 10.5-inch foldable pruning saw best for trimming small to medium plants and big trees. It is also best for heavy-duty pruning of dry and hardwood. The blades are sharp and made of SK-5 steel 7 TPI, which is of very good quality. Teeth of this pruning saw are very sharp.
- The handle is curvy and made of rubber which provides a good grip
- After folding, this saw can easily fit and be stored anywhere
- It is also very light
- No negative reviews by existing customers
5. Mossy Oak Folding Hand Saw
Mossy Oak prune saw is not only suitable for pruning plants, but it also comes with two other blades – one for cutting plastic and the other for cutting metals. These blades are easy to change according to need. A security lock is present to secure the blade when not in use. It comes with a handy sheath where you can keep the spare blades. The weight of this saw is only 259 grams.
- Versatile – the package contains three blades suitable for cutting different materials
- Teeth of blades are sharp
- A nylon pouch also comes in the package, which makes it easy to carry
- Great value for money
- It is not stable if not used properly
6. KETSY Prune Chromium Steel Saw
This pruning saw has dimensions 10 x 6 x 32 cm and weighs 449 grams. It is suitable for cutting branches up to 3-4 inches.
- Very affordable and excellent prune saw
- The handle is good and comfortable
- The blade is strong and doesn’t bend
- No negative reviews by existing customers
7. Wolf-Garten Saw Pro 370 Power Cut Professional Pruning Saw
A very good pruning saw having dimensions 66 x 14 x 4 cm and weighing 540 grams. It is suitable for cutting thick woods of diameter up to 5 inches. Its blade is very sharp so you need to take extra care while using it. It is available on Amazon for 1700 rupees.
- You can attach to a long pipe of about 15 feet to prune higher branches and it works great
- Very beneficial saw with sharp teeth
- No negative reviews by existing customers
8. WULF Pruning Saw
This green and black 12-inch pruning saw is another great product available on Amazon. It can cut wood of 2 to 3 inches in diameter. Its weight is 440 grams and it is also affordable.
- The blade is very sharp and cuts branches very neatly in very little time
- The plastic used in the handle is also of very good quality and is comfortable
- It cannot cut hard and thick plants
9. TABOR TOOLS TTS32 Pruning Saw
This is an amazing pruning saw with a 10-inch blade and has angular teeth. It can cut wood of up to 4 inches in diameter. The blade is made of chrome-plated steel which prevents it from rusting.
- The handle is very good and ergonomic
- The blade is resistant to rust
- Safety sheath is also present to prevent injury
- The blade seems delicate
10. TABOR TOOLS TTS13 Pruning Saw
This is a professional pruning saw with a 13-inch-long blade of very good material. The blade has 3 angles teeth and is suitable for cutting branches up to 4 inches in diameter. It has a curved blade so can reach anywhere.
- The handle is very comfortable and has a thumb rest
- The blade is of very high quality and sharp
- Not suitable for left-handed people because it doesn’t have a holster for them
In the above article, we have provided you with the complete information about the pruning saw, It provides you with all details about the product so you can easily choose the product of your own choice.
What is a hand saw used for?
It is used for trimming and pruning plants. It is also helpful in cutting branches of trees. hand saw is best for cutting wood having a width of 1.5 inches or more.
Which is the best hand saw?
This article has given you the list of best available hand saws under the heading – “Top 10 pruning saws”. You can refer to the same to find the one best suited to you.
What saw to use to cut tree branches?
You can use different saws for cutting the branches of trees. They are pruning saws, pole saws, bow saws, rope chain saws, and cross-cut saws.
Which garden tool is used for pruning?
Different types of tools are used for this purpose such as loppers, pruning saws, pruning shear that are secateurs or clippers, pole pruner, and hedge shears.