As the name suggests, a mattress protector is an external covering that helps keep the mattress safe. We all know mattresses can be expensive. Keeping that in mind, wouldn’t you prefer keeping it safe and get the most out of your money. For this purpose, some intelligent manufacturers introduced the mattress protector.
These protectors allow consumers to keep their mattresses safe and away from any kind of damage. Some may think that having a mattress cover is useless because vacuum cleaners can clean mattresses. But what about a juice stain, can a vacuum cleaner take care of that? Several items can leave a permanent mark on your mattress. And the best way to keep your mattress clean is a mattress protector or mattress cover.
Here we have listed the buyers guide for 10 Best Mattress Toppers, 10 Best Air Mattresses, 10 Best Electric Blanket and many more.
Best 10 Mattress Protectors Online
Features to look while choosing a mattress protector
Mattress protectors come with a bunch of features. Some have almost every feature that helps to keep the mattress safe, but some don’t. The main aim of a mattress cover is to protect the mattress from wear and tear. And one of the primary features is to keep the mattress safe from liquid stains. Mattress protectors are designed to soak liquid thereby preventing the seepage of the stain onto the main mattress. Some advanced mattress protectors also help in preventing allergies.
Types of mattress protectors
There are many types of mattress cover, but these are the most common ones:
This type of mattress protector can cover the entire mattress. They act as an external covering, protecting your mattress from bugs, mites, and any other harmful objects.
The fitting protectors cover the mattress like a bedsheet. They can tuck under the mattress, and cover the top and sides of the mattress.
The strap protectors measure exactly as the size of the top side of the mattress. They have the straps on each side with which you can attach it to the mattress.
Best Mattress Protectors Available Online In India
- It is important to first determine the main reason you are buying a mattress cover. Are you allergic to bed mites and want to get rid of them? Or do you have children who may pee on the bed? If yes, then you definitely need a mattress cover.
- While most mattress protectors deliver on the promise to keep the mattress dry and to prevent bugs, some mattresses, however, fail to deliver.
- Also, mattress covers come with their own set of care instructions- some can be washed while others can’t. It is best to keep all these things in mind before making a purchase.
- Apart from that, there are quilted mattress protectors that can help protect you from sweat irritation. They absorb the liquid and keep your mattress safe.
- Further, if you have an old mattress at home, try the memory foam covers. They can add a layer of comfort to the old mattress for better sleep.
- And if you feel like splurging, you can go for the featherbed protectors. They will change the way you sleep. Before buying any mattress cover make sure you are getting the right type.
How to use a mattress protector?
- They work as a bedsheet, a mattress top, and also as the enclosure for the mattress.
- Additionally, they help in lowering the tension in the mattresses.
- Some worn-out mattresses do not have the luxury and comfort they had when they were new.
- With a mattress protector, you can bring it back to the original shape.
- Its soft layer adds the required comfort to the bed.
- The mattress cover protects your mattress while giving you additional comfort.
Top 10 mattress protectors in India
1. Wakefit Water Proof Terry Cotton Mattress Protector
Wakefit Water Proof mattress protector is for the king-size mattresses. It measures 78×72”, which equals a master bed.
- Wakefit mattress protector is waterproof
- Does not have vinyl, PVC, and phthalates
- Washing machine washable
- It is comparatively expensive
- Only has a limited range of colours
2. Trance Home Linen Cotton Terry Fabric Waterproof Mattress Protector
The Trance Home Linen mattress protector is a wonderful option to enhance the comfort of your mattress. It protects your mattress and lets you enjoy uninterrupted sleep.
- Available in various sizes
- There are over half a dozen colours in the range
- Easy washing and drying
- Requires extensive care if the cover gets wet regularly
3. Amazon Brand – Solimo Waterproof Terry Cotton Mattress Protector
Solimo waterproof mattress protector is a good quality product available at a reasonable price. Further, it is liquid-resistant, does not have lumps so the bedsheet falls evenly, and is easy to maintain.
- It is available in 9 different sizes
- The colour range includes 5 colours
- Can be washed in a washing machine
- Other mattress protectors in this price range have greater features
- Cannot absorb too much of liquid
4. Dream Care™ Waterproof Dust-Proof Terry Cotton Mattress Protector
Luxury not limited only to expensive items. Some economically priced items also provide a good amount of comfort and leisure. The Dream Care™ is among those mattress covers that let you enjoy peace of mind at a reasonable price.
- Allergy protection
- Keeps dust away
- Consumers report they feel too much plastic on the surface
- Liquids take a lot of time to dry
5. Linenwalas Waterproof & Dustproof Laminated Terry Design Mattress Cover
Linenwalas brings a cheap solution for your mattress protection. It is a good option if you are low on budget and need something of good value.
- Plenty of sizes are available
- Colour collection is awesome
- Proven dustproof
- Turns very itchy in summers
- Some consumers report that they feel rubber all around
6. Cozyland Waterproof and Dustproof Mattress Protector
The Cozyland mattress cover is available only in a couple of sizes. You can either get it for a double bed or a single bed. There are no other sizes available.
- Though sizes are less, colour options are over 20
- Protects the mattress from water
- Stops the dust mites from disturbing the consumer
- The colour fades after a few washes
- Feels like a plastic sheet
7. Rajasthan Crafts Microfiber 240 TC Mattress Protector
Families with little kids who pee on the bed risk damaging their mattress even more. Rajasthan Crafts mattress protector prevents liquids from seeping onto the mattress. It is favourable for those looking for a cheap solution.
- Colour range is good – 9 colours available
- Machine wash
- Competitive price
- This mattress cover locks in the liquid smell
- Straps do not fasten well to the mattress
8. Sleep Matic Waterproof Cotton Fitted Mattress Protector Bed Cover with Elastic Strap
This mattress protector comes in king size. Consumers adore its waterproofing quality along with its fitting.
- Nearly perfect waterproofing
- Properly fitting elastic straps
- Stabilizes the bedsheet beneath it
- The liquid stain appears on the cover
- Expensive compared to competing product
9. Trance Economy Terry Waterproof Mattress Protector
Trance Economy mattress protector is a reasonably-priced option available with amazing features. It is certainly a good option if you are looking for nearly all the mattress cover features at less price.
- Over a dozen sizes available
- Half a dozen colour range
- No toxic material
- Not as economical as the name suggests
- The colour range consists of a few light colour
10. OYO Baby Waterproof Mattress Protector Hypoallergenic
Need a premium mattress cover at a reasonable price? Then go for the OYO Baby Waterproof mattress protector. It has everything that a premium mattress cover has to offer but at a cheaper price.
- Plenty of sizes available
- Water and allergy-proof
- Airflow technology for quick drying
- The colour range is limited
- Consumer report that liquid seeps inside and deposits onto the mattress
Hopefully, the above guide helps you narrow down your research and pick the right mattress protector for your costly mattress. Additionally, make sure to read the characteristics of the cover to get the best mattress cover for your bed.
1. Why do you need a mattress cover?
You may need a mattress cover for various reasons. You will need it if you are allergic to mites -a mattress cover can prevent mites from coming up to the surface of the bed. Further, if your baby pees on the bed, then that will encourage you to get a mattress cover. It is quite difficult and at times impossible to remove urine stains. The mattress cover protects the mattress by soaking the liquid. Also, if you need additional comfort, you will require a mattress cover. Its smooth layers enhance the comfort level of the mattress.
2. Which mattress cover is best?
Every mattress cover has its own set of qualities. Some may have some features but lack others. If you pick the mattress cover that exactly matches your requirement, you will never be disappointed.
3. How can I protect my mattress from urine?
If you are having the trouble with bed-wetting kids, then you need to get a mattress cover. The liquid-absorbing mattress covers soak the liquid and prevent it from damaging the mattress.
4. Can you wash mattress cover?
Every mattress cover has its specific washing directions. You can see that on the label of the protector. Some mattress covers can be washed in a washing machine and can also be dried in a dryer. But some can only be hand washed.
5. How often should you replace the mattress cover?
A mattress cover is usually good for at least a year if it has been handled with care. Some people tend to regularly and heavily wash the mattress covers. Such a mattress cover can go on for 6 months or even less. Indeed, the better your handle and take care of it, the more time it will last.