An interdental brush is the more enhanced and improved version of toothbrush & floss. It has a small bristle head available in different widths for different gap sizes. Also, known as an interproximal brush.
These brushes are more effective as they can reach interproximal spaces to remove food and plaque that a normal toothbrush or floss would fail to do. Additionally, they are far more effective when it comes to preventing gum diseases. Also, check the buyers guide for Best Toothbrushes, Best Bamboo Toothbrushes, Best Electric toothbrush, Best Toothbrush Holders, Best Toothpaste & Best Toothpaste dispensers.
Interdental brushes are specially designed to reach between the tight gaps of the teeth. In this article, we are providing you with some of the best interdental brushes along with a comprehensive buying guide.
Best 10 Interdental Brushes in India
Buyers Guide – Interdental Brush
Before purchasing an interdental brush, it is very important to make sure you pick the right size for your teeth. If you choose a larger size, it can cause damage to your gums and teeth during the cleaning process.
- It is suggested to visit a dentist who can suggest the right size of interdental brushes for your teeth.
- The production of saliva is low while we are asleep, as a result, the mouth remains dry and leads to food decaying faster.
- If you choose a smaller size, it might not be effective in cleansing thoroughly.
- The gap size between your teeth differs from tooth to tooth, therefore, you would require more than just one interdental brush for a thorough cleanse.
- However, if you want to figure it out for yourself, you can still purchase and use an interdental brush
- But you will need to purchase a multipack that offers different sizes.
- It is recommended to use interdental brushes once a day, before bedtime.
- Another useful suggestion is that, if you find it hard to fit this brush between your teeth, do not force it.
- This can cause damage to the gums and teeth, and it can broaden the interdental space between your teeth.
Features of an Interdental Brush
The main purpose of interdental brushes to reach and clean through the gaps between the teeth.
And the small tipped bristles are specifically designed for cleaning the toughest parts in your mouth.
Just consider below-mentioned features while choosing an interdental brush:
- An interdental brush is more effective in preventing tooth decay, bad breath, and gingivitis.
- It allows you to freely clean through the gaps giving a better result compared to floss and a toothbrush.
- Studies show that you can only remove 60% of plaque with floss or toothbrush but with this effective oral tool.
- You can remove up to 95% of the plaque in-between the teeth.
- Interdental brushes should be used regularly with a regular toothbrush.
- The brushes equipped with a filament supported by a flexible metal wire that can be bent and angled at a comfortable position for use.
Types of Interdental Brushes
These are the best cleansing tools for people with braces who have a hard time cleaning their teeth with a normal toothbrush. That’s why you need to know the main types of interdental bushes.
Interdental brushes are available in two types:
- The I-shaped brush is ideal for cleaning the front teeth, it has a stick shape like the letter “I”.
- The L-shape brush slightly angled to the right from the head till the handle, making it ideal for cleaning the molar teeth.
- These two types further divided based on their sizes with a colour labelling for identification
- The colour labelling mentioned here a standard ISO sizing, however, some manufactures have different colour labelling for sizes.
Wire sizes and Colour
0.35mm White, Size 0 is 0.4mm in Pink, Size 1 is 0.45mm in Orange, Size 2 is 0.5mm in Red, Size 3 is 0.6mm in Blue, Size 4 is 0.7mm in Yellow, Size 5 is 0.8mm in Green, Size 6 is 1.1mm in Purple, Size 7 is 1.3mm in Grey, Size 8 is 1.5mm in Black.
How to use an Interdental Brush?
The interdental brushes being widely used and in most cases, they considered as a better alternative to flossing as they are a lot more effective at removing interproximal plaque. Once you have chosen the right-sized interdental brushes, it takes you some time to get used to it.
Here are a few steps you should take to properly use the interdental brush:
- It is important to ensure that for each gap, you use the right-sized brush.
- Lightly push the brush into the gap between the teeth and twist the brush moving it in a back and forth motion.
- You can apply several strokes, however, make sure you do it once if your gums are sensitive. (Consult your dentist if you are unsure.)
- Once done with one gap, do ensure if you can use the same size or you need to change the brush before moving to other gaps.
- If you feel the bristles have become soft or the metal wire breaks, stop using that brush and get a new one.
List of 10 Best Interdental Brushes to Buy Online in India
Now you know the features, the buyer’s guide, and the types of soldering iron kits on the market. But you probably don’t want to spend all your day looking for a good one.
So, to make your selection easier, here you have a top 10 list of the best soldering iron kits available in the market along with their features, pros, and cons.
1. Ajay InterDental Toothbrush Pack of 10 Soft Brushes:
The product by Ajay an interdental toothbrush fitted with soft bristles. This design for efficient and gentle cleaning. It has a handle with a rubber thumb grip for firm control.
- Ajay Interdental Brush made with soft zig-zag tufted bristles.
- This is a durable product.
- It is ideal for people with sensitive gums and teeth.
- Expensive one
2. Plackers Interdental Brush Pack of 2 RA in 10 Count:
This product by Plackers comes with 10 pieces of L-shaped interdental brushes. And its flexible head making it convenient to use at any angle.
- Plackers Interdental Brush has a long handle for a comfortable grip
- Package contains 10 pieces
- Also, it has an ergonomic micro grip
- One size
3. Tepe Interdental Brush with Mixed 8 Sizes Pack of 8 Pieces:
This brush comes in 8 different sizes with a standard ISO sizing and colour. These are available in sizes 0.4, 0.45, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7,0.8,1.1 and 1.3mm. Additionally, the product comes with separate caps for each brush, preventing it from dust, germs, and bacteria.
- TePemultisized Interdental Brush is an ideal product for beginners.
- It’s a multi-sized product that is available in 8 sizes)
- And it comes with a comfortable micro grip.
4. Dr. Dentaids Orthodontic Toothbrush Stim Ortho Mb Pack Of 3:
This product of Dr.Detaids specially made for people who have braces. It is a 3-in-1 oral care product And it comes with a V-shaped small head at the bottom, and an additional interdental brush.
- Dr Dentaids Interdental Brush is 3-in-1 (regular toothbrush, V-shaped brush for braces, interdental brush), model
- It comes with a standard bristle head
- This is an inexpensive product
- Hard bristles
5. Thermoseal ICPA Proxa Narrow Space Brush Pack of 4:
This brush has a comfortable long non-slippery handle and a flexible bristle head that makes it easier to use from different angles. It comes in a pack with 5 pieces of sized 0.5mm.
- Thermoseal Interdental Brush is an L-shaped brush.
- Package contains a total of 5 pieces.
- It has a non-slippery handle
- One size (0.5mm)
6. ICPA Thermoseal Proxa Wide Interdentalbrush Pack of 4:
This brush comes with a pack with 5 pieces. The product has a flexible bristle and a long non-slippery handle for a comfortable grip.
- ICPA Thermoseal Interdental Brush made with a non-slip rubber grip handle.
- It is an L-shaped toothbrush.
- The package comes with 5 pieces
- Single size (Wide Space)
7. Oral B Interdental Brush Kit:
This product by Oral-B is an interdental brush kit that comes with 2 detachable heads, size 3.0/6.5mm (tapered shape), and 2.7mm (cylinder shape). Its handle is similar to the size of a regular toothbrush.
- Oral B Interdental Brush made with a snap-lock feature for locking the detachable head to the handle.
- This has a long ergonomic handle It comes with 2 detachable heads (3.0/6.5mm and 2.7mm)
- This is a durable product.
- Heads are not easily available
8. Tepe Angle 0.8mm Interdental Brush:
This is a product produced by TePe & it comes in a pack of 6 interdental brushes. And it is designed for a firm grip & a flexible bristle head.
- Tepe Interdental Brush a single-sized L-shaped 0.8mm brush
- This has a slim handle
- It comes with a pack of 6 items.
- This product is durable
- One size (0.8mm)
9. Dr.Dentaids Stim Proxa L Angular Interdental Brush Iso-5 Pack of 3: Iso-5:
This product by Dr.Dentaids comes in a pack of 6 brushes. Also, it comes with a plastic cover for preventing germs and dust. This has a flexible 0.7mm size bristle head.
- Dentaids Interdental Brush a single-sized L-shaped brush.
- It has a smooth handle for a comfortable grip.
- Package contains a total of 6 pieces
- It comes with a case for bristles
- One size (0.7mm)
10. UltraPik Pesitro Dental Interdental Cleaning Brush Oral Care for Unisex Pack of 5 Units:
This product by UltaPik is an L-shaped interdental brush that comes in a pack of 5 pieces. The product is available in 2 separate size packs, 0.4 and 0.7mm. It has a soft rubber handle and that makes it convenient to use.
- UltraPik Pesitro Interdental Brush has a flexible bristle head
- It comes with a pack of 5 items
- Also, this is a durable product
- The wire is too flexible
At the present moment, you have successfully reviewed the list of top 10 best interdental brush brands. So, it should be easy for you to determine which brush is best for you.
All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the best interdental brush for you along with valuable benefits.
How many times can you use an interdental brush?
An interdental brush used once or twice a day & recommended to use it before using a regular toothbrush.
Can interdental brushes damage the teeth?
With proper use, interdental brushes do not harm your teeth or gums, in fact over time they make your gums healthier.
Should you use toothpaste with interdental brushes?
Interdental brushes do not require toothpaste unless your dentist suggests you to use it.
Why does it smell so bad when I floss?
The bad small is because of the little food particles trapped between the gaps of the teeth.
How long does an interdental brush last?
An interdental brush lasts just as long as a regular toothbrush, up to 3 months.
Why do my gums bleed when I use interdental brushes?
The gums bleed when you start using this brush for the first few times. Eventually, the gums get used to it and also get healthier. Using the wrong size brush or applying too much force can also damage the gums causing them to bleed.
How do I know what size interdental brush to get?
Consult a dentist to know the size of brush your teeth requires, but you can also try for yourself.
Should I rinse my mouth after brushing?
After brushing, you should spit the toothpaste fluid first, then rinse your mouth.