An infrared thermometer contains a lens used to focus infrared energy onto the detector. It can display voltage, thermocouple, or analog signals. This transforms the radiant energy transmitted from the subject into an electric signal.
Then converted and displayed in the form of units of temperature after taking into account the encompassing temperature variety. Infrared thermometers facilitate the measuring of temperature from a distance without the requirement of contact with the object.
Also, check the buyer’s guide for the Best Digital Blood Pressure Monitors, Glucometer Machines, Glucometer Strips, Hand Sanitizer, Surface disinfectant sprays, infrared thermometer, Face masks Online, Face masks for women, Face masks for men, Room sprays, Sanitizer Sprays, portable oxygen cylinders, Oxygen Concentrator machines, Liquid oxygen supplements, sanitization machines, UV sterilizers, Hand sanitizer stands, Vaporizer, Nebulizer Machines, Respirometer, pulse oximeter, Disinfectant sprays, Infrared Thermometers in India, Hand wash liquids available online.
It is a piece of useful equipment for measuring temperatures under conditions when thermocouples or the different probe tests cannot be conducted or do not provide accurate data due to various reasons.
Infrared Sensors vs Infrared Thermometers
Even though infrared sensors and infrared thermometers (IR thermometers) offer the same features and technology, they emit different signals. Some argue that the readings of the thermometer are accurate and some disagree as they believe it depends on the quality of the brand.
As well as who is using the product since the distance-to-spot ratio is vital for accurate results. Moreover, for the human body temperature measurement, strongly recommended by doctors that measurements are only be used for screening purposes and not diagnosing.
Best 10 Infrared Thermometers to Buy in India
Buyers Guide – Infrared Thermometer
To ensure you’re getting accurate and instant measurements along with providing the finest care possible for your family members, a few things should be taken into consideration and not ignored when choosing an optimum forehead thermometer.
Though all the products serve the same primary purpose, they have unique features and are designed differently. Therefore it is important to do your research before purchasing an infrared thermometer.
Below is a guide that can help compare and choose a device that fits your requirements:
- In comparison to mercury thermometers, the top forehead thermometers manufacturers will ensure to design a product with safety in mind.
- These thermometers are made with soft corners that are not harmful to babies.
- All FDA-approved thermometers are free from harmful materials and have batteries that are securely covered to ensure they are out of the children’s reach.
- Accuracy is the key feature for infrared thermometers, as inaccurate data could lead to severe health issues.
- Although it is highly unlikely to find a thermometer that only displays one or the other degrees of temperature.
- Most of the new devices allow the user to choose between Fahrenheit and Celsius based on their preference.
- Most infrared thermometers come with sounds.
- Usually to indicate whether the device is ready for measuring the temperature and then to notify when the temperature has been recorded.
- Although this may be convenient, it can also be a bother as they might wake up a sleeping child.
- Therefore, in this case, it would be suggested to look for a device with a silent mode option.
Features of an Infrared Thermometer
Infrared Thermometers are ideal for measuring numerous focal points in the process and also are very economical. Many industries are benefitting from this technology as their production process is of a non-contact nature.
Keep in mind the below points while choosing an infrared thermometer:
- The temperature measurements can be taken from a distance which is ideal for objects that can damage a normal probe or especially food products that cannot be contaminated.
- Many industries are benefitting from this technology as their production process is of a non-contact nature.
- Measurements can easily be taken of parts that are not in a stationary position (moving parts).
- With the non-contact approach, the chances of spreading contagious diseases between individuals are reduced.
- Infrared thermometers provide instant and accurate results.
- An infrared thermometer can be used for various household uses such as helping detect the soil temperature and room temperature.
- And also construction works such as pipelines, walls, and windows.
Types of Infrared Thermometers
There are numerous types of infrared temperature measuring devices available on the market. Some models are designed for flexibility, and portable usage, and some for being mounted in a fixed position for specific reasons.
Below is a list of the common types of infrared thermometers:
Infrared scanning systems
- These devices are mainly used to scan larger area surfaces as the spot thermometer is directed at a rotary mirror.
- They are extensively used by manufacturing industries for processes that involve web processes or conveyors.
Infrared thermal imaging cameras
- These IR thermometers have cameras that are used for measuring the temperature at different points.
- Over a relatively larger surface area to create a two-dimensional image which is known as a thermogram.
- This technology is a little complex as it is both, hardware- and software-intensive, compared to the other types.
Spot infrared thermometers
- This is the most common device used to measure the temperature for a specific spot on a given surface.
How Does an Infrared Thermometer Work?
The standard infrared thermometers are made extremely user-friendly so that they can be used by individuals without the assistance of experts or adults in many cases. The instructions on using the device can be explained in 6 simple steps.
- First, you need to set the reading to either Celcius or Fahrenheit.
- Then you need to set the measurement unit based on the kind of subject you are screening, i.e food, body temperature, etc.
- Once you have changed the settings according to your preference, you simply turn the device on and aim it towards the object or person, making sure nothing is blocking the device and the target.
- To obtain the most accurate results, it is recommended that the distance between the target.
- And the device should be between 10-12 centimeters (or as instructed on the manual guide of the product).
- Lastly, pull the trigger and wait for the reading to be displayed.
List of Top 10 Best Infrared Thermometers in India Buyers Guide
The infrared thermometer can be remotely mounted from the object at high temperatures for a longer time with zero or low maintenance required. Also, these are lightweight, compact, and easy to use. Below you can find the list of the best 10 infrared thermometers.
1. Standard Extech Infrared Thermometer 42510 with Mini Wide Range:
The 42510 thermometer measures temperature ranging from -58°F-1000°F to -50 -538°C. It has the feature of automatic data holding display, as soon as the trigger is released the readings are displayed. The product weighs 6.4oz (180g).
- Standard Extech Infrared Thermometer is equipped with a large backlit LCD with a built-in laser pointer for aiming purposes.
- This is a handy and portable product
- It comes with a carrying case and a 9-Volt battery.
- The multipurpose device so it can be used for industrial and pediatric purposes
- Expensive one
- Does not display accurate results for the human body
2. Dr. Trust (USA) Clinical Digital Handy Forehead Ear Infrared Temperature Thermometers Machine for Kids, Adults:
This is an ideal multipurpose non-contact thermometer that is the perfect buy for every household. The temperature readings can be conducted from the forehead as well as the ear.
One extra feature of this product is that it comes with a baby mode, which simply means the device can be turned to silent mode and the backlight color is changed according to your preference.
- Dr. Trust Infrared Thermometer is extremely lightweight, user-friendly & records accurate results.
- Dr. Trust Infrared Thermometer is a compact & inexpensive product
- You can take body temperature measurements in less than a second.
- Also, you can also use this for general purposes.
- Multipurpose, take readings from the forehead and the ear
- Not durable
3. Homely Professional Digital LCD Infrared Thermometer Non-contact IR Temperature Measurement Gun Meter Diagnostic-tool Device:
This is digital LCD thermometer is a Chinese lightweight, easy to use, and economical product. Just like all the standard thermometers available on the market, this product has the same basic features such as an LCD digital display and instant results. The device can record temperatures as high as 49°C.
- Homely Infrared Thermometer is a compact and handy device
- It comes with a high-temperature alarm.
- This is a compact & inexpensive product
- A homely Thermometer is particularly a perfect fit for homes with babies.
- Not durable and long-lasting
4. HTC Instrument MT-4 Digital Non-Contact IR Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun:
This is a Chinese user-friendly, inexpensive portable product. Similar to all the devices in the market this item has the same essential features, measurement of temperatures ranging from – 32°C ~ 42.9°C (89.6°F ~ 109.2 °F) and a level of accuracy claimed to be ±0.3°C. Due to the inferiority of quality and durability customers are hesitant in purchasing the same.
- Sigma UT-300Portableoffering LCD Display.
- It is highly recommended for measuring body temperatures
- This is an inexpensive product.
- You can get instant accurate results
- Low quality
5. iVooMi Infrared Thermometer (Made in India) with 14 months warranty, FDA/CE Approved, Non-Contact Digital Thermometer:
This is a CE/FDA-approved thermometer & it is programmed with effective power management along with automatic shutdown in under 30 seconds. It measures temperature ranges from-32°C to 42°C(9.6 °F to 109.2 °F)and can memorize up to 16 measurements.
The best part of the product is that it comes with a 14 monthly repair warranty and offers a 10 days replacement policy.
- iVooMi Infrared Thermometer comes with a large LCD, offering three backlight colors that make it easier to read under any light.
- This is a lightweight & inexpensive product
- It is easy to use and displays results within seconds.
- The product is protected with IPXD protection that helps prevent liquid penetration.
- Low memory
6. Infrared Thermometer, DR VAKU Non-Contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun:
This is a convenient, portable non-contact thermometer that offers instant readings ranging from 89.6-109°F/32-42.9°C. It features Additionally, it displays three color backlights each indicating the severity of the readings.
Unlike the most economical product in the market, this one comes with a 6-month warranty. The product is an extremely handy and portable device.
- Smart Saver Infrared Thermometer made with a single button operation & a big digital display
- Also, it has the option to choose between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- This is a user-friendly, easy to use, and inexpensive product
- You will get 6 months of warranty on this product.
- The product claims to screen more accurate results compared to most mercury thermometers with an accuracy of ±0.3°C.
- Fragile. This model lacks quality and is damaged easily. Therefore it needs to be handled with extra care.
7. yuwell Infrared IR Non-Contact Forehead Thermometer:
This IR Thermometer has very positive reviews mainly because of its user-friendly features, however, the product lacks finishing on its visual appearance. The key features of this product include a large LCD, measuring ranges in Celsius and Fahrenheit(Body: 35-42°C/ 95-107.6°F) (Objects: 0-100°C/ 32-212°F), it can save up to 30 recordings in memory, two colors backlight, and auto power off.
- Control D Infrared Thermometer is a CE/ISO certified multipurpose product for pediatric and general-purpose.
- It is ideal for measuring temperatures for pediatrics, adults, and objects.
- This is an economical product
- You will get 6 months of warranty on this product.
- Unappealing design
8. Generic Digital Infrared Thermometer IR Temperature Tester Laser Gun:
The key features of the product are more enhanced and complex compared to the normal infrared forehead thermometers making it more durable and efficient. And the IR Thermometer reads measurements ranging from -50 to 550°Fproviding an accurate measure of ±1.5°C. The generic digital IR is best for outdoor tasks.
- Generic Digital Infrared Thermometer is a multi-purpose & heavy-duty thermometer.
- It is used for production and industrial purposes.
- Also, it comes with a durable design.
- The product is used for pediatric purposes
- Inaccurate results for human body reading. The result is not as assuring and accurate compared to the general forehead thermometers.
9. Generic Infrared thermometer GM320 non-contact Digital infrared thermometer:
This product by MacTech is a general-purpose infrared thermometer highly utilized for industrial purposes. It offers basic features like any other industrial IR thermometer available on the market.
The great thing about this device is also used for reading human body temperature with the option of child-friendly quiet mode. It measures readings from -50°C to 360°C (-58°F to 680°F).
- Generic GS320 Infrared Thermometer is a compact, heavy-duty & multipurpose thermometer for pediatric use
- It comes in silent mode for babies
- This is an inexpensive product.
- It is quite handy and very durable too
- Unreliable for human body readings
10. Professional Digital LCD Infrared Thermometer Non-contact IR Temperature:
This product is A product that allows you to switch from ear to forehead without any hassle. This portable device has a compact and versatile design. It makes it very handy when it comes to recording temperatures of various objects such as, barbequing, cooking, monitoring refrigerator temperatures, performing maintenance, and a host of other tasks.
- This Infrared Thermometermade with the most upgraded infrared technology for reliability.
- It provides instant accurate clinical temperatures.
- Also, it comes with a versatile design.
- This multipurpose device is best for outdoor and pediatric use (forehead and ear)
- It is an inexpensive product.
Infrared thermometers facilitate measuring temperature from a distance without touching the object. They are ideal for measuring numerous focal points in the process and also are very economical. Measurements easily were taken of parts that are not in a stationary position.
Even though all the products serve the same primary purpose, they have unique features and are designed differently. Therefore it is important to do your research before purchasing an infrared thermometer.
Before purchasing an infrared thermometer you should read their reviews on their safety, accuracy, units of the display, and sound. Hope, this guide helps you in buying the best Infrared Thermometer for your requirement.
Are infrared thermometers accurate?
Infrared thermometers, in general, are considered to display accurate results. However, for the human body, there is a possibility of getting an inaccurate result up to 3°C.
What is an infrared thermometer used for?
An infrared thermometer is used for various purposes. It is most convenient for measuring temperatures of surfaces that can not be directly contacted hence the IR technology is used.
Can you take body temperature with an infrared thermometer?
With the development of technology, infrared thermometers have replaced the old mercury thermometers. These devices give instant results and are ideal for measuring body temperatures. They require no contact thus preventing the chance of transmitting diseases.
Which infrared thermometer is the best?
The Dr. Trust (USA) Model-607 Handy Clinical Digital Fever is considered the best IR thermometer. The features of this product make it stand out from other similar products in the market. It has options such as switching from Celcius to Fahrenheit, alarming on high fever, auto power-off, low battery indication, backlight display indication severity of the temperature, and 30 memory storage.
How do I check my temperature with an infrared thermometer?
You need to set the reading according to your preference. Then Point it toward the object from approximately 10-12 centimeters away, and pull the trigger while holding it steady. After a second the temperature is displayed on the LCD screen.
What is normal body temperature with an infrared thermometer?
Usually, a normal body temperature would say to be 37.0°C (98.6°F). However, recent studies have proved that the normal body temperature could vary from a wide range of 36.1°C (97°F) to 37.2°C (99°F).
Is a forehead thermometer accurate for adults?
Recent research has shown that forehead temperature may only be accurate for infants aged 3 months to 4 years old. However, for adults, used and relied on for screening purposes but the results were inaccurate resulting in an increase or decrease of up to 3 °C.
Which thermometer do doctors recommend?
Oral and Rectal thermometers are highly recommended by doctors. They provide the most accurate readings of the core body temperature.
Which is the best thermometer for home use?
The Dr Trust infrared thermometers are the best thermometers for home use. Their products are reliable, high-end quality, and offer the best after-sales services. The features of their product give them an edge over similar products in the market.