A chainsaw is portable, mechanical and is equipped with a chain with teeth with which it performs the function of cutting. These teeth attached to a rotating chain that is strapped around a guide bar.
Chainsaws have a variety of applications depending on their type. A chainsaw may be used for cutting concrete or even for cutting ice for making ice sculptures etc. Also, Check the buyers guide for Best Pole Saws in India
However, the most widely known use of a chain saw is in woodworking. In this article, we are providing you with some of the best chain saws along with a comprehensive buying guide.
Best 10 Chain Saw Machines in India
Buyers Guide – Chain Saw
Finding the right model of a chainsaw depends on how often you plan on using it and for what purpose. Most of the chainsaws are electrically powered either through a major power source or battery.
- If you want to use the chainsaw for cutting a large chunk of wood or logs away from any source of electrical power, it is advisable to buy a gasoline-powered chainsaw.
- However, if you would prefer a less costly chainsaw for lighter work and lower maintenance, and you are comfortable with corded equipment, then a corded electric chainsaw is the best choice.
- If, however, the cord seems to be an interference and you feel your activities are not excessively time-consuming.
- Then you should opt for a battery-powered electric chainsaw.
- Lastly, always remember that no matter what kind of equipment you get, maintenance is very important.
Features of Chain Saws
Mostly chainsaws are used for cutting wood, but there are specialized chainsaws for cutting of materials like metals, stones, and concrete. Just keep in mind the below features while choosing a chainsaw for you.
A chain saw consists of the following parts:
- Chainsaw engines are usually of two types: a gasoline (petrol) engine or an electric engine (motor) running on battery or power cord.
Clutch and Sprocket
- The clutch helps to enable or disable the mechanical connection between the chainsaw and its engine.
- When the engine runs idle, the chain exhibits movements but when the clutch is engaged, the chain stops in the wood.
- The clutch protects the engine operator, mostly in cases of kickbacks.
- A clutch can be either turned inside or outside.
- Usually, the guide bar has between 16-36 inches in length
- The guide bar is an elongated bar usually made of alloy steel which is resistant to wear (friction).
Types of Chain Saw
There are essentially two types of chainsaws:
- This is suitable for light and domestic duties like garden pruning and trimming.
- They are quiet, require less maintenance, lighter, and portable.
- However, corded chainsaws have restricted mobility.
- This class of chainsaws is powered by gasoline (petrol) making them mobile, able to perform heavy-duty work.
- Not restricted to a given workspace, and can operate for as long as fuel is available.
- But they are noisy and require regular maintenance.
How Does a Chain saw Machine Work?
When power is supplied to a chainsaw, this energy, either in the form of chemical or electrical energy, has the potential to power a chainsaw. This energy is driven into a cylinder where it sparks-up the piston.
- The activation of the piston pushes it back and forth causing the transformation of these energies into a kinetic force.
- That propagates the piston’s movement back and forth causing the chain to rotate which, in turn, cuts the object.
- This force is active for as long as energy flow to the piston is maintained.
- So, when a clutch is engaged, it manages the motion of this chain such that the chain only rotates when needed to cut wood, and thereby energy is conserved.
- Gears carry this power from the clutch to the chain being held in place by the sprocket.
- The chain thus continually spins around the tip of a steel plate known as the guide bar and thus splitting wood.
List of Top 10 Best Chain Saws online in India
When choosing a chainsaw, please note that the petrol-powered ones produce exhaust fumes. Because this does this not happen in battery-powered or corded chainsaws.
1. Hitachi (Hikoki) Petrol Chainsaw CS40EA with 18 Inch 39.6 CC & 1.8 kW:
This is a petrol engine chainsaw equipped with a guide bar length of 18-inch. To aid efficiency in this instrument, it has an automatic oiling system that lubricates the chain of the saw to increase performance when cutting. It weighs 4.4kg and has a and a fuel capacity of 380mL.
- Hitachi Chain Saw made with a powerful 1800W motor.
- It comes with an anti-vibration system to relieve fatigue and numbness of hand while operating.
- This machine has an automatic oiling system for added performance
- Not electrically powered so easy to move around
- Noisy and requires regular maintenance
2. Makita Electric Chain Saw UC4041A with 16 Inches:
Matika Chain saw Machine equipped with a mechanical chain brake and kickback brake for safety during its use. It also has a soft grip for comfort while in use. The UC4041A model weighs 7kg with a bar size of about 40cm to allow the proper holding of the chainsaw. Its 16-inch bar length makes it ideal for most general sawing activities.
- Makita Chain Saw is equipped with a new adjustment level.
- That makes the saw chain/tension adjustment tool-less and easier.
- Its oil meter is visible to help tell when a refill is needed
- Chain tension is automatic and no tool is required
- The lubrication of the chain is automatic making sawing and use easier
- It is electrically powered, so an electric outlet or extension cord is required
3. iBELL Electric Chain Saw EC16-18 with 1800W, 1200RPM, 16 Inch, Automatic Oiler & 6 Months Warranty:
This is an electric chainsaw featuring a bar of 16-inch length, and also an automatic chain oiling system. It has an engine power of 1800W to support versatility and efficiency. This product is equipped with an 18-tooth alloy gear and weighs 5.8kg. It is a great chainsaw, especially because the maintenance cost is low.
- iBELL Chain Saw made with powerful 1200RPM motor
- This is easy to assemble and use as well
- For safety, this chainsaw is equipped with a chain brake alert.
- The included chain oiling system is an automatic saving time during cutting
- It is electric and requires an external power source during use
4. Stihl Chain Saw with Cast Iron MS-180 in Orange:
This has a 16-inch guide bar length and weighs about 4.2kg. It is a very powerful chainsaw used to cut wood. This light and compact model has a power output of about 1.5kW. It is a petrol chainsaw and therefore is surprisingly lightweight for its class.
- Stihl Chain Saw made with cast iron material.
- It has a high chain speed and comes with sharp cutters.
- This is fascinatingly lightweight considering that it is a petrol chainsaw
- It is suitable for cutting wood of about 30cm in diameter.
5. Inditrust Heavy Fuel Chainsaw for Wood with Tree Cutting, Chopping Operation, 22-Inch & 58 cc Petrol:
This chainsaw runs on petrol and weighs about 8kg. It has a chain speed of 2800RPM and also consists of a 2-stroke engine. This equipped with features to ensure reduced vibration during wood cutting.
- Inditrust Heavy Chain Saw made with a 58cc engine & a guide bar length of 22 inches.
- It is easy to use and is mobile
- This is an inexpensive product
- Low quality
6. iBELL Gasoline Chain Saw with Magnesium Alloy Crank Case, 56CC Professional Quality, Walbro Carburetor, 18 inch Oregon Guide bar & Chain:
This model runs on gasoline, making it a cordless chainsaw. As a gasoline chainsaw, it can cut down larger logs easily. The iBELL 56CC has a 2-stroke engine with a quiet air release filter that helps in keeping the chain in good condition.
- iBELL 56CC Chain Saw made with magnesium alloy crankcase & 18-inch guide bar.
- The fuel space helps in balancing the engine giving it a good balance when cutting
- It is mobile and cordless equipment
- Durable and ideal for heavy tasks
- Maintenance cost is high
- It is noisy
7. Aimex Petrol Chain Saw with 58CC, 2-Stoke Air Cooled & 22-inch:
This chainsaw operates on petrol and has a power of 2.6kW. It is a portable and durable product. This is designed in a manner that would help reduce fatigue.
- Aimex Chain Saw made with a powerful motor & a guide bar length of 18inches.
- Inexpensive and mobile device
- It has an increased safety interface.
- Also, it has an ergonomic design & proper weight of balance to reduce fatigue.
- Low material quality
8. Shakti Petrol Chain Saw SPC22X:
This chainsaw runs on petrol & it has a maximum output power of 2.4kW. It comes with a chain speed of 8000RPM. The bar guide is 22-inch-long. It also has a double silence feature.
- Shakti Chain Saw has an engine displacement of 58CC & comes with a petrol tank volume of 550ml.
- This equipment has a maximum cutting capacity of 55cm.
- It comes with a double silence feature with effective noise reduction
- This is cost-effective too
- High oil(fuel) consumption
- It requires regular maintenance
9. NEPTUNE 58 cc Chain Saw SIMPLIFY FARMING with 22-Inch Cutter Bar:
This has a 4HP and 3000w maximum power output along with a chain speed of 12000RPM. It is easy to start, has an adjustable oil pump and adjustable oil output. This is of the petrol chainsaw type and optimized for cutting all sizes of wood.
- Neptune Chain Saw is equipped with a 2-inch guide bar and a 2-stroke engine.
- Optimized for cutting of all wood types and sizes
- It has an automatic chain lubricating system
- It is an expensive one
10. Turner Tools Petrol Chain Saw TT 2258 with 22 Inch & 1700W:
This is a petrol chainsaw with a power capacity of 1700w. It equipped with a low vibration system to relieve fatigue and weighs about 8.3kg.
- Turner Chain Saw made with a powerful 1700 W motor for better performance.
- It is portable, safe to use, and does not need and electric power source to function
- This tool is most suitable for small logs and softwoods
- It is not reliable for cutting wood with large diameter
Finding the right chain saw is hard, but with the right guide, it’s always easier. I hope this guide helps you to find a perfect band saw for your works.
All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of the best chain saw for your requirement along with valuable benefits.
1. What is the best brand of a chainsaw?
Presently, in the chainsaw market, the best brand is WORX WG 303.1 16 inches, 14.5 Amp electric chainsaw. It is best because it features the convenience and simplicity of an electric chainsaw, but the power of a gas- or petrol-powered chainsaw.
2. What is a chainsaw used for?
Mostly chainsaws used for cutting wood, but there specialized chainsaws for cutting of materials like metals, stones, and concrete.
3. How does chainsaw work?
It works by converting energy either from a battery source, fuel or direct electric source to turn pistons within the equipment engine which results in the chain rotation thus causing the cutting.
4. How many times can you sharpen a chainsaw chain?
To be on the safe side, it is advisable to sharpen chainsaws only when their chains are dull and in need of sharpening or only when it has not been used for a long time.
5. Can you cut wet wood with a chainsaw?
Of course. The moisture content makes no difference to the cutting process. It doesn’t interfere with the chainsaw and there is no need for any extra force input when cutting through wet wood.
6. Will dirt dull a chainsaw?
Yes, cutting into the dirt will cause a stretch in the chain over time and cause wear of the sprocket at the tip of the bar.
7. How can I make my chainsaw cut faster?
Usually, a chainsaw cuts slowly when the chain is dull. Thus, sharpening the chain could cause fasten the process. Except in cases where the chain is slack and either requires a new chain or an equipment upgrade.
8. How often should you replace your chainsaw?
There’s no specific time limit to change your chainsaw since equipment functionality depends wholly on maintenance. Thus, if your chainsaw works satisfactorily, there is no need to change it, but if not and you think repairing won’t be satisfactory, then you can and should change it.